Talk to Strangers: Well-Being Practice
Compliment five strangers this week
“There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” – Edith Wharton
- This week, give five strangers a genuine compliment.
- Pay attention to their reactions and how it brightens their day.
- Assess how you feel when you compliment someone you do not know.
- At the end of each day, reflect back on the compliments you did or didn’t give. If you didn’t give a compliment, consider why. Was it a lack of opportunity? Did you forget? Were you self-conscious?
- Consider any opportunities you may have missed.
- The minimum is to compliment five strangers, but you can compliment as many people as you like.
Comment and share
If you like this week’s well-being lifestyle challenge, please share this post, Talk to Strangers: Well-Being Practice, with your friends and family and don’t forget to comment with your thoughts and experiences below this post!
More well-being practices
Check out the Well-Being Practices archive of the BambooCore Blog, where you’ll find all of BambooCore’s practices and challenges.
When she is not helping others to slay fat, build muscle, and live amazing lives, Jennifer can be found exploring the outdoors with her dogs, cooking, traveling and playing/coaching lacrosse. She also enjoys reading and writing about food culture, history and the science of human movement.