Spring Wellness Challenge Kickoff + Challenge #1
I am kicking off my Spring Wellness Challenge today! Which is pretty funny, because as I write this, there is a blizzard pounding us here in New England!
If you look at the navigation bar on the BambooCore homepage, you will notice that I have created a Wellness Challenge page. The new page will be the place where you can keep track of the weekly challenges. The weekly challenges will run from today through the end of April. We will have about six weeks to fine-tune our wellness habits.
This challenge will help you push through the last week of Winter and enter Spring feeling happy, healthy and strong! Over the course of six weeks, you will make positive changes in your lifestyle. Please join me in this challenge and let’s celebrate movement, mobility, strength and whole nutrition together!
How the challenge will work/what to expect on the blog
- Every Friday morning (Wednesday this week), I will post a new challenge for us to incorporate into our week. I will also post a check-in, which will be me reporting back on my own personal progress and what I did with the individual challenges.
- In the comments section of these posts, I want YOU to share how you did and create discussion about any obstacles you came across or successes you achieved during the week.
- You can start the challenge any week and at any time.
- Over on Instagram, I’d love for you to share your progress (and how you’re participating in the challenge). Use #BambooCoreSWC, and tag BambooCore in your photos and stories. I will share and celebrate your progress on my Insta feed: BambooCore! If you are not already a follower, please head over to my page and follow me.
- Throughout the week, my usual blog content will be published as usual.
More about the challenge
- Over the course of six weeks, I will give you practical, sustainable actions/habits that you can focus on each week. These strategies will help you find balance and overcome barriers to fitness and wellness. They will help you become happier, stronger and healthier during the next 1.5 months (and thereafter).
- Topics covered will include movement, nutrition, hydration, sleep/rest habits, breathing and mental well-being.
- This is about making small changes and working together to transform ourselves into better, more capable humans. Through mindfulness and action, you will cultivate self-awareness and become in control of your day-to-day habits.
- The Friday posts and social media check-ins will be meant to keep us (me included) on track and accountable.
- This wellness challenge is NOT about being perfect. It’s about putting forth your best effort and doing what you can, with what you have, where you are. The BambooCore community will remain a judgment-free zone. Hell, if you fall off track – no problem. If this happens, I hope you will find support within the community and get back on track. Sometimes these small detours help you learn something about yourself that will actually propel you closer to reaching your goals.
Without further adieu….
This week’s challenges
- Practice 5-10 minutes of modified windshield wipers and rocking every day between now and the next challenge.
- Drink 1 – 2 glasses of water with freshly squeezed lemon juice every morning. Do this before you drink or eat anything else (including coffee). Warm/hot water is best.
- Buy an alarm clock for your bedroom and commit to sleeping with your cell phone in another room.
- Stock your fridge with healthy groceries and commit to eating a healthy, protein-packed breakfast every morning this week. Choose protein-rich foods such as eggs, avocado, chia pudding, almond butter, smoothies and smoothie bowls, leftovers from dinner, yogurt, kefir, meats (turkey, pork, bacon, etc.), salmon, sweet potato, beans, nuts and seeds, hemp seed and flax seed. For inspiration, look here, here, here and here (I often post my breakfasts on Instagram).
- Create (or buy) a gratitude journal and write in it twice a day (morning and night), every day between now and the next challenge. The simplest, most effective thing you can do every day to be happy is to spend a few minutes practicing gratitude. You can buy the Five Minute Gratitude Journal here.
Will you join me?
What do you think? Are you in? Will you participate in this challenge?
Please join me in this Spring Wellness Challenge. Let’s create positive habits and overcome barriers to fitness and wellness together!
When she is not helping others to slay fat, build muscle, and live amazing lives, Jennifer can be found exploring the outdoors with her dogs, cooking, traveling and playing/coaching lacrosse. She also enjoys reading and writing about food culture, history and the science of human movement.