This Homemade Shamrock shake recipe is a healthy alternative to the McDonald’s Shamrock Shake which is saturated with calories and preservatives.
- 2-3 large scoops of organic, vanilla ice cream (full-fat, hormone/soy-free ice cream is best – the fewer the ingredients, the better)
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon organic mint flavoring or peppermint extract (read the label – you want it to be free of preservatives)
- Handful fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Homemade whipped cream (optional)
– Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
– Cashew, almond or cow milk may be used. If you use cow make sure it is organic, hormone-free and not 0% or low-fat.
– If allergic to cow milk, substitute store bought or homemade dairy-free ice cream.