Between The Sheets – Sex Workout Playlist
After a long day at work, you’re most likely ready to relax at home with your special someone – but you may feel as if you should hit the gym instead. Why not combine what you want to do with what you feel you should do? Be efficient and make your workout an intimate one. Sex qualifies as exercise and can burn a significant amount of calories.
The sex workout playlist I created below is geared for those of you who want to share a workout at home with your loved one. It has all the right songs to set the mood. Just light some candles, play these sexy jams and make the workout last as long as you want it to.
Benefits of sex
Having sex regularly can do more than make you feel closer to your partner – it qualifies as exercise and can contribute to your overall physical health. Sexual activity:
- Lowers stress
- Decreases risk of heart disease
- Increases levels of immunoglobulin A (IgA), an antibody that improves the immune system
- Reduces blood pressure
- Improves sleep
- Reduces pain
…and burns calories!
Sex IS exercise
To validate that sex qualifies as exercise, a 2013 study published in the Public Library Of Science Journal (Plos ONE) concluded that sexual activity may be considered, at times, as a significant form of moderate intensity (5.8 METS) exercise. The results of this sex study showed that among healthy men and women (age: 22.6 ± 2.8 years old):
- The mean energy expenditure during sexual activity for men =
- 101 kcal (same as 101 dietary calories), or 4.2 kcal/min
- The mean energy expenditure during sexual activity for women =
- 69.1 kcal (same as 69.1 dietary calories), or 3.1 kcal/min
…indicating that energy expenditure during sexual activity is approximately 85 kcal, or 3.6 kcal/min – a little more than the amount of dietary calories in a standard chicken egg (which is about 78 calories).
It’s groove time
Download the songs from this epic sex playlist, grab your partner, invite all your senses to the party and turn things up a few notches with some on-point beats.
Listen to the songs in the order they are listed or hit shuffle and let you and your loved one be sensually surprised. You will please the mind, body and soul with this eclectic sex workout playlist. Have fun! 😉
BambooCore’s Between The Sheets – Sex Workout Playlist
Purchase individual tracks on Amazon here:
- “Mad About You” – Hooverphonic
- “Mind Sex” – Dead Prez
- “Wicked Games” – The Weeknd
- “Electric Relaxation” – A Tribe Called Quest
- “P.D.A (We Just Don’t Care)” – John Legend
- “Let’s Get It On” – Marvin Gaye
- “Soldier Of Love” – Sade
- “Sexy M.F” – Prince & The New Power Generation
- “Sunshine” – Little Dragon
- “Glory Box” – Portishead
- “Pull Me Down” – Mikky Ekko
- “Use Me Up” – Wanderhouse
- “Stroker Ace (feat. Mike Patton, Jennifer Charles, Kid Koala & Dan the Automator)” – Nathaniel Merriweather
- “Ayo Technology” – 50 Cent
- “Touch It” – Monifah
- “Do You Mind?” – XX
- “We Fall In Love” – Lamb
- “Sexual Healing” – Marvin Gaye
- “Nasty Girl (feat. P. Diddy, Nelly, Jagged Edge & Avery Storm)” – The Notorious B.I.G
- “Scale It Back” – DJ Shadow & Little Dragon
- “Feel Like Makin’ Love” – Roberta Flack
- “All Night” – Parov Stelar
- “Powerful (feat. Ellie Goulding & Tarrus Riley)” – Major Lazer
- “Love Is Found” – Sade
- “Butterfly” – Crazy Town
- “I’m Into You” – Chet Faker
- “Birthday Sex” – Jeremih
- “Fade Into You” – Mazzy Star
- “Angel” – Massive Attack
- “Crushin’ (Yeeeeaah!)” – J Dilla
- “Lay It Down” – Al Green
- “Insatiable” – Prince & The New Power Generation
- “So Good” – Pharoahe Monch
- “Untitled (How Does It Feel)” – D’Angelo
- “Fade Out Lines (The Avener Rework)” – The Avener
- “Sort Of Revolution” – Fink
- “Bedroom Hymns” – Florence + The Machine
- “Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell Williams)” – Daft Punk
- “High For This” – The Weeknd
- “Little Bit” – Lykke Li
- “Sugar” – Wanderhouse
- “Every Other Freckle” – Alt-J
- “Between The Sheets” – The Isley Brothers
- “Beautiful” – Meshell Ndegeocello
- “Georgia” – Vance Joy
- “This Woman’s Work” – Maxwell
- “Let’s Do It Again” – J Boog
- What do you think of this sex workout playlist?
- There are SO many more songs that could be added to this sex playlist. What songs would you add?
- What kind of workout playlists would you like to see in upcoming months?
Please share your comments below!
- Frappier, J., Toupin, I., Levy, J., Aubertin-Leheudre, M., & Karelis, A. (2013). Energy Expenditure during Sexual Activity in Young Healthy Couples. Plos ONE, 8(10), e79342. http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0079342
When she is not slaying fat and building muscle, Jennifer can be found trekking barefoot, traveling, cooking and refining her photography skills. She also enjoys reading and writing about food culture, history and the science of human movement.