Paleo Brownie Bites
Are you craving chocolate right now? If your answer is, “yes,” stop what you are doing and make these paleo brownie bites. Right now. Just trust me and do it. Make them! These brownie bites will not disappoint and your taste buds will thank you.
My recipe combines:
- Raw walnuts
- Unsweetened raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- Medjool dates
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut milk (this one is guar-gum and BPA free)
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
…and makes about 12 delicious Paleo (and Vegan) friendly bite-sized brownie balls that are soft, sweet, chocolatey, and slightly coconut-y in flavor. Packed with lots of fiber, protein and healthy fats, this gluten-free snack is a fantastic alternative to a heavily processed and sugary treat/dessert.
This paleo brownie bites recipe does not require baking and take less than 20 minutes to make. The brownie bites can be stored in the fridge or placed in the freezer to be eaten later.
Use a large food processor to mix the ingredients. I learned this the hard way when I initially used my mini-prep processor – the dough was too much for the little guy. I sadly worked him to the death… and he fried/short-circuited. He spent his last minutes on Earth smoking. This mistake set me back 50 bucks or so and now I need to buy a new one. Sad face. 🙁
- If you do not like coconut, these brownie bites can be rolled in cocoa, cacao powder and/or chopped nuts.
Paleo bites recipe
Below is the paleo brownie bites recipe. Take caution: these brownie bites are INSANELY addictive!! Go ahead, make them now and let me know what you think!
- ⅔ cup organic raw walnut halves
- ⅓ cup organic unsweetened raw cacao or cocoa powder
- ¾-1 cup organic soft medjool dates, pitted (about 7-10 medium sized dates)
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract (or 1-2 fresh vanilla beans)
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut milk (this one is guar-gum and BPA free)
- ⅔ cups organic shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 small bowl
- Saran wrap
- Place dates in a bowl of warm water for a minute and allow to soften.
- Add cacao powder and walnuts to food processor.
- Blend cacao powder and walnuts until the walnuts become fine crumbs.
- Drain dates from water and place in the food processor with the cocoa and walnut crumbs.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Mix well until everything is combined. (It may not combine completely until liquid is added.)
- Add coconut milk half a tablespoon at a time.
- Pulse cocoa, walnuts, dates, vanilla and coconut milk until the dough combines into a ball in the middle of the food processor.
- If dough contains too much liquid, add a tablespoon or more of cocoa powder to bring it back to a dough consistency.
- Using a spatula, transfer dough into a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or place in freezer to chill.
- Once dough is chilled, put coconut into a shallow bowl.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough and roll them in your palm until small round balls are formed.
- Roll balls into coconut, pressing flakes gently into the balls.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator. You can also freeze the balls.
- Keep brownie bites chilled before eating.