These naturally dyed, orange-colored Easter eggs are much more beautiful than the neon-colored eggs created with traditional Easter egg coloring kits.
- 2 cups yellow onion peels (carrots or paprika can also be used)
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Hard-boiled white eggs
- Place onion peels plus 5 cups of water into a saucepan.
- Add vinegar and salt to the pot.
- Simmer until desired color is reached.
- Strain onion peels with slotted spoon, reserving the liquid for dyeing.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add eggs to dye.
- Leave eggs in dye until they reach the desired color.
- Remove eggs and place on a drying rack or an upside down egg carton.
- For a slight shine, coat eggs in coconut oil.