These naturally dyed, yellow-colored Easter eggs are much more beautiful than the neon-colored eggs created with traditional Easter egg coloring kits.
- 3-6 tablespoons ground turmeric (You may also use orange or lemon peels, yellow onion skins, carrots, chamomile tea, celery seed, green tea, ground cumin, and/or 3 pinches of saffron)
- 3-4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Hard-boiled, white eggs
- Heat water, vinegar, and salt in a saucepan.
- Add turmeric and stir well.
- Simmer for just a few minutes until the turmeric dissolves.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add eggs to dye.
- Leave eggs in dye until they reach the desired color.
- Remove eggs and place on a drying rack or an upside down egg carton.
- For a slight shine, coat eggs in coconut oil.