Modified Windshield Wiper Rolls and Rocking
In this video, I create a movement combo that consists of modified windshield wiper rolls and rocking. These two movements stimulate your vestibular system and work the entire body. You can perform these movements any time. Here are some times when windshield wiper rolls and rocking are beneficial and feel oh so good:
- First thing in the morning to wake up your nervous system and prep your body for the day ahead.
- After a long session of sitting in front of a computer to realign and mobilize your spine/posture.
- During your strength, conditioning, and/or mobility program to improve your reflexive stability, mobilize the thoracic spine, strengthen the shoulder girdle and get your lats and pectorals firing.
- When you are experiencing back pain to gently decompress your spine. Rocking is great at relieving stiffness and pain in your back and hips.
- Before bed to unwind and prepare the body for sleep.
Here’s how you perform modified windshield wiper rolls and rocking movements:
Modified windshield wiper rolls & rocking
Now it’s your turn. Get to it. Start rocking and rolling. Begin with the movements I demonstrated in the video, then play with different positions. Rock and roll in the morning, during your training sessions, at night with your kids, with your dog, and/or with your spouse.
Share your experience
Play with these movements and please let me know what you think. I’d love to hear how rocking and rolling is helping you!
P.S: this was my first time talking in front of the camera and it was hella-awkward. That’s why I seem a bit, well, “awkward!” Lol. 😉
When she is not slaying fat and building muscle, Jennifer can be found trekking barefoot, traveling, cooking and refining her photography skills. She also enjoys reading and writing about food culture, history and the science of human movement.