With this recipe, the grill’s heat caramelizes the nectarines. This flavor contrasts beautifully with the tanginess and saltiness of the cheese, making for a yummy addition to any summer meal.
- 4 organic nectarines, halved and pitted
- Melted organic butter or ghee from high quality source (for brushing)
- 1/2 – 1 cup coarsely crumbled feta or goat cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Raw, organic honey
- Balsamic glaze (optional)
- Turn grill on and set to medium-high heat.
- Halve and pit the nectarines.
- Brush nectarines with melted grass-fed butter, coconut oil or ghee.
- Place nectarines on the grill, cut side down.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until grill marks appear.
- Turn nectarines over.
- Serve with feta (or goat) cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- For an added hint of sweetness, drizzle raw honey and/or balsamic glaze on top (optional)
Apricots and peaches are tasty substitutions for the nectarines.