- 1/4 cup red quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
- Fine sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 head of escarole, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 Granny Smith apple—halved, cored and thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the quinoa just until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain well and spread out on a baking sheet to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the vinegar and honey.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the escarole, apple, hazelnuts and quinoa and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Photo credit: Con Poulos