Banana Cacao Smoothie
This healthy banana cacao smoothie packs a powerful superfood punch and is vegan and gluten-free! It is loaded with antioxidants, beneficial vitamins and minerals, and mood enhancing nutrients. Drink this smoothie in the morning or during mid-day and you will experience an energy boost that will help you conquer your day.
The raw cacao powder compliments the flavor of the banana and the non-dairy milk (coconut or almond milk) makes for a smooth and creamy consistency. This smoothie tastes cold and chocolaty and satisfies your chocolate hunger pangs without pumping you full of the dairy,
sugar, and preservatives which are often associated with cocoa.
What is cacao?
To learn more about the many health benefits of cacao, please visit my article, “What Is Cacao?” In it, I explain what cacao is, where it comes from, why it’s considered a superfood, and where to buy it. I also provide you with more recipes that contain cacao as a main ingredient.
I strongly recommend that you always have the ingredients for this banana cacao smoothie in your pantry. You just never know when you are going to have a craving for chocolate. My banana cacao smoothie uses a few ingredients and only takes five minutes to prepare. To make it even more flavorful, pour this smoothie into a tall glass and then add fresh fruit like raspberries on top. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top of the berries to add texture and flavor to this drink. Yummmmm!
I have a feeling that you will love this. Make a banana cacao smoothie today and let me know what you think. Here’s what you need to do:
- 2 frozen bananas, chopped (if frozen bananas are unavailable, use fresh bananas and add 6-8 ice cubes)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (coconut, almond, or rice)
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons almond butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup fresh berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, or strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon seeds or nuts of choice (optional)
- Blend smoothie ingredients in a high-speed blender until thoroughly blended.
- Pour smoothie into a serving glass and top with coconut, berries, and nuts/seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Now that you have tried my recipe, what do you think?
- Did you like this smoothie?
- Would you make it again?
If you have enjoyed this post, and/or found it to be useful, I’d be grateful if you would help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it via social media. Thank you!