Banana, Cacao, Goji and Blueberry Smoothie with Granola
I just elevated my banana cacao smoothie recipe to another level by transforming it into a banana, cacao, goji and blueberry smoothie with granola. The transformation was simple – I used the same base as my original banana cacao recipe but blended in a handful of Navitas Organics dried goji berries, fresh blueberries, and topped the rich creaminess off with Purely Elizabeth ancient grain granola, Let’s Do Organic shredded, unsweetened coconut and Navitas Organics’ cacao nibs.
The end result was aaaaammaaaaazing: this banana, cacao, goji and blueberry smoothie with granola was nutritious, extra tasty, filling, and with the addition of the granola – crunchy. It was so flippin’ good – you HAVE to make the recipe ASAP. Don’t hesitate. I promise you will not be disappointed! Have a look at my photos below – if this isn’t delicious, then I don’t know what is! Mmmmmmm!
Banana, cacao, goji and blueberry smoothie with granola recipe
Let’s get down to business; it’s time to “wow” your taste buds!!
- 2 frozen bananas, chopped (if frozen bananas are unavailable, use fresh bananas and add 6-8 ice cubes)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (coconut, almond, or rice)
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) raw cacao powder
- 1 handful dried goji berries
- 1 handful fresh blueberries
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 handful ancient grain granola
- 1 tablespoon shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao nibs
- Blend smoothie ingredients in a high-speed blender until thoroughly blended.
- Pour smoothie into a serving glass and top with granola, coconut and cacao nibs
- Serve immediately.
- Banana Cacao Smoothie: My original banana cacao smoothie recipe packs a superfood punch and is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and mood-enhancing/energy-boosting nutrients. Get the recipe here.
- What is Cacao?: Cacao is a superfood that has gained a lot of traction in the health and nutrition world. However, cacao is not a new discovery; it has a rich world history. Touted as the “Food of the Gods” by Mesoamericans for thousands of years for its rich nutrition profile and chocolate flavor, cacao continues to be globally celebrated as a popular health food today. Learn why cacao is a nutritional powerhouse. This article explains everything you may ever need to know about cacao (and more).
- Why Superfruits are Nature’s Nutritional Powerhouses: In this article, I take a closer look at the health benefits of the superfruits: goji berries, goldenberries, mulberries and raw cacao nibs.
- 10 Health Benefits of Blueberries: This article outlines the ten health benefits of blueberries and explains why they are nature’s antioxidant powerhouses. Check it out!
If you have enjoyed this banana, cacao, goji and blueberry smoothie with granola recipe, please help this post spread by emailing it to a friend or sharing it via social media. Thank you!
When she is not helping others to slay fat, build muscle, and live amazing lives, Jennifer can be found exploring the outdoors with her dogs, cooking, traveling and playing/coaching lacrosse. She also enjoys reading and writing about food culture, history and the science of human movement.