How much water should you drink each day?
To determine your normal hydration needs, calculate your body weight in pounds, divide it by 2 and drink that many ounces of water each day. For example, a 200 pound man should drink 100 ounces of quality water each day! If you are in a hot climate or exercising, you should increase this amount.
- If you would like to know how much water in liters you should be drinking each day calculate the following formula: take your body weight in kg. and multiply that number by 0.033.
- If you suffer from a medical condition, it is recommended that you talk with your doctor about how much water you should drink. People with congestive heart failure and certain kinds of kidney disease sometimes need to limit their fluid intake.
If this sounds overwhelming, just start slowly and increase your water intake by small increments each day. Here are some ideas of how to make drinking water easier:
- Infuse water with your fresh herbs, spices, fruit and/or vegetables. This post will tell you all you need to know:
- Try one of my favorite infused water recipe:
- For 20 more ideas, check out my 2 part series:
Follow these simple tips and before you know it, you will be drinking half your body weight in ounces of water each day and will be well on your way to enhanced health and vitality levels!
Tell me your tricks and tips to staying adequately hydrated
- How much water do you drink each day? Are you drinking enough?
- What are tricks and tips that you use to stay hydrated throughout the day?
Please share your thoughts in the comments below. :)
- Chek, P. (2004). How to eat, move and be healthy!. San Diego, CA: C.H.E.K. Institute.